Friday, January 10, 2014

Making Movies, Telling Stories

The purpose of this blog is to chart my progress on my senior capstone. Why you ask? Well, the reason being is that the upper ups of our college feel that the capstones that our department (which is film) produces (we make movies) are not as good as a research paper, cutting a cadaver open or whatever the nerds in math do. I was asked, along with a number of my peers, to keep a log of what we are doing to make these projects come to fruition. This will be my personal experience of working on my senior capstone project.

I have actually been working on my capstone, on and off, for about a year and a half. My project is a movie I wrote entitles 'One of the Good Guys.' It is a story about one man's loss of family and his journey to fill the that void. He finds this solace in a criminal organization who fulfill that family need.  The hero then begins to compromise his values to fit into this surrogate family. The premise was taken from bits of my own life and the life of my father's and the original draft was written two summers ago in about three days. As of December 15th, 2013 I have rewritten and edited the script. It is an ever changing piece of work that will, I am guessing, be worked on till the day the movie is finished.

This is just the first entry to what I believe will be a long road. It has already been pretty tough and will only get tougher. This project has stretched my limits as a student, an artist and a filmmaker, but I know it will be worth it.

Yes, I realize that last statement made me sound like a total pretentious asswad. To counter that statement, here is a picture of a what I really look like to prove I am not a hipster.

Orale! I am here to make dee movies and to eat dee burritos.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I'm so proud of you. The picture at the end cracked me up viciously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm trying my best to make everyone proud.

    ReplyDelete